Joining the Virginia Psychoanalytic Society
Dear prospective member,
Thank you for your interest in joining the Virginia Psychoanalytic Society. Please fill out and print the application packet. Mail it, along with a check for the first year of membership, to Dr. Kathleen Dring, 101 N. Lynnhaven Road, Suite 301, Virginia Beach, VA 23452.
Click here for application packet.
I encourage you to read through the materials and please contact me if you would like
more detail or have other questions.
In summary, the Virginia Psychoanalytic Society has five types of membership.
- Psychoanalyst Member: Graduate of an Institute accredited by the American
Psychoanalytic Associati0n or by the International Psychoanalytical Association.
- Clinical Member: Has completed a total of at least 3oo hours of psychoanalytic
education (including personal treatment, individual supervision, and/or seminars).
- Associate Member: Licensed therapist with an interest in psychoanalysis,
psychotherapy, and/or child development.
- Trainee Member: In training in a mental health discipline.
- Emeritus Member: Retired from active practice, after a certain number of years of
membership in the society.
Please contact email@example.com for further information.